Monday, September 10, 2012

Oh What a Miracle


I have hands, I have hands,
Watch me clap, watch me clap.
Oh, what a miracle am I.
I have feet, I have feet,
Watch me stamp, watch me stamp.
Oh, what a miracle am I.

Oh, what a miracle, oh, what a miracle,
Every little part of me.
I'm something special, so very special,
There's nobody quite like me.
I have arms, I have arms,
Watch me swing, watch me swing.
Oh, what a miracle am I.

I have legs, I have legs,
They can bend and stretch, they can bend and stretch.
Oh, what a miracle am I.

(Repeat Chorus)

I have a spine, I have a spine,
It can twist and bend, it can twist and bend.
Oh, what a miracle am I.
I have one foot, I have one foot,
Watch me balance, watch me balance.
Oh, what a miracle am I.

(Repeat Chorus)

May I as I mom, not ever, EVER forget that my children are miracles standing before me. This precious children's song, brings tears to my eyes every time I sing it or hear it. I am so blessed beyond anything I can imagine to have two sons, and they are miracles. Miracles made for me! That is so breathtaking, knowing God chose me to be their momma. Just think about that. You might have children, they are miracles created for you from our Father. A huge, priceless gift He gave to you and to me.

 This week, God has taken me, wrung me out, and made me a new momma for my miracles. He has refined me in the fire, He has sculpted me into who He desires me to be for them. And I know He is not done yet. I cant wait to see how else He is going to sculpt me. I am thankful. Very thankful. The start of my refining story is coming.

"Oh what a miracle, every little part of them!"

4 comments:

  1. What a sweet song! I hadn't heard of it until your post. What a great reminder to view our children as the precious miracles they are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I should be doing something" I would say to myself. I thought I needed to be productive out of the home to be someone! But at one point Robert had to show me that being home with my four children, to be there for them is what God has called me to do. I have doubted myself and my calling to listen to the world tell me "that's all you do?" Satan didn't want me to stay home and nurture and I gave in to doubt a lot! But I am thankful that I was obedient to God in my calling and was there every step of the way for my children. I am still a SAHM because i am still called to be here for them.. Even though all are adult now and have their lives, I want to always be available for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honey -
    What a precious post. I could almost hear the melody, even though I'm not familiar with the song!! You are so right, our children are precious, priceless gifts indeed. Thank you for sharing your heart .....being a mom is the greatest blessing ever! You are such a gift to me, to your hubby, to your precious sons, and to all who know you. Our God is an Awesome God!! ILY, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had never heard of this song before. Amen, children truly are wonderful blessings from God!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Blessings!!