Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Just That Much More Thankful

I sit here in awe over the gift of motherhood, the gift of my precious sons. Thank you, God.

I just spent the last twenty minutes (don't ask me why I read this), reading a top news line article about the devastation that took the lives of two young children last night by someone who they were being cared for by. I wont go into the article, because these kinds of things are so depressing. So much depression and devastation in this world. It pains my heart what these parents and other parents are going through.This article alone, reminds me of why I am so choosy and particular over who cares for my little loves if I must be away. Sigh.

But these stories, these news lines, however great the massacre that they create in our hearts, they are also moments where I find how much more thankful I am for my sons.

Think of all those difficult/challenging moments we experience with our kids, however old...those moments when all we hear is our little one telling us "no" or a disobedient act or an older child slamming doors or you fill in the blank. Let us always be thankful for those moments, because someone on the other side of us, doesn't get to even experience that. How much more we can be grateful for the lives God has put under our care. We can read such awful articles, and be that much more thankful for our children.

I know we are always thankful. But sometimes, a little dose of reality, really puts things into perspective.

A Psalm for giving thanks. Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth! Serve the Lord with gladness! Come into his presence with singing! Know that the Lord, he is God! It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name! For the Lord is good; his steadfast love endures forever, and his faithfulness to all generations. 
Psalm 100:1-5

 I am choosing to be thankful always, always, even in those tough to handle, challenging moments. Because they too are some of our greatest treasures. I cant wait to hug and kiss and laugh with my two boys in the morning, or I might just go do that right now.

Goodnight!


6 comments:

  1. "..those moments when all we hear is our little one telling us "no" or a disobedient act or an older child slamming doors or you fill in the blank. Let us always be thankful for those moments, because someone on the other side of us, doesn't get to even experience that." Wow. What a perfect perspective!!! This was sorta a slap in the face (in a good way! haha) Lovely post, Alicia!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree!

    It's all in our outlook, isn't it? That pile of laundry? How wonderful that we have family to wear those clothes and that we have clothes for them to wear!

    I am still heartbroken over a story from here about a wee baby who was killed by it's father. I want to scream at these people "what is wrong with you?" But we know...they are so badly lost...

    Keep lovin' on those sweet boys and give them a hug from Auntie Dee!

    Treasures indeed!

    Love you
    Auntie Dee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is SO our outlook! I love to look at laundry, I love to look at dishes...its a blessing. You are so right! I pray each mommma would see that!

      Delete
  3. You are so right honey - we need to be intentional with our children, love them and thank God for them every day. They are simply precious ....no matter what! Children are a blessing from God....such sweet blessings indeed.

    ILY
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love. I really like how you always make me think. Good thing because you are right, we are blessed with little ones and i take that for granted sometimes. i am always checking myself on things i am trying not to do with LB. =D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Blessings!!