Friday, October 5, 2012

Birthdays

I am actually sitting here, putting together cupcake toppers and a birthday banner for my soon to be one year old baby boy and crying.Tears of thankfulness. One year. How did this happen? Every time I prepare materials, decorations, food for a birthday for my children, emotions just encapsulate me and I cant ever hold the tears back. I will admit, I am a mushy mommy to begin with. I am emotional. I will just admit this too, I have a hard time that my kids just keep growing so darn fast. Its like holding onto water, time just slips through. Let me explain, I praise God they are growing, flourishing and are healthy. Praise Him forevermore! But it's also so bittersweet. I just want them to be my babies forever, you know? And as I prepare an Elmo party for this month, I reflect back over the last year of his little life. The ways he has grown, the beauty of our family because he was added, the treasured brother relationship he has begun on with my older son, its all so priceless, yet it feels like yesterday (literally) that he was born. That my water broke and we went in. How does this all happen so fast? Oh how I treasure every single day. The cuddles, the giggles, the tears, learning to share toys, the challenges, the messes, the pure love on display. Oh Lord, I am so thankful to You. And the tears just stream on. I look forward to all the stages I get to go through with my boys, may I always stop to take it all in so I don't miss a thing. This thing called motherhood, is thee best thing I have ever been called to, yet is the calling that has me filled with tears and emotions on so many occasions. I love my boys so dearly, to imagine Christs love for us, for me, its just unimaginable.

Praising and rejoicing in Him tonight and always, for my blessings called Cayden and Camden.

Put a candle on the birthday cake!

4 comments:

  1. Aww what a sweet post about CamMan, and motherhood in general! "motherhood is thee best thing I have ever been called to, yet is the calling that has me filled with tears and emotions on so many occasions" SO true!!!

    We are so blessed to have such a loving Heavenly Father who has given us our sweet families!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it does go so fast! My babies are no longer babies - Kyle is 7!!! How can that be? It is a gift, this time we have with them. You are right to savor it and to rejoice in it!

    Love you so!
    Auntie Dee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw sweetie, I love your precious heart! You have been blessed with two precious boys are you are so wise to know that you need to be intentional with your time with them ...time is fleeting, which makes it so very important to show our love, make memories, and celebrate every day! You are such a blessing ...thanks for allowing God to use you in such amazing ways! He loves us with an everlasting love ... ILY

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your heart. It is so tender and open to the Lord and His love for us. Life is so fleeting. Enjoy and treasure every moment. I am so thankful for you, Ryan, Cayden and Camden. Love you all!! Blessings !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Blessings!!