Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Contentment

Contentment for me is so many things. Simple things. Things you cant buy. For me, its nothing extravagant. I love the simple ways of life.

Let your character be free from the love of money, being content with what you have; for He Himself has said, "I will never desert you, nor will I ever forsake you."
Hebrews  13:5

Contentment for me is.....

~Waking early, sitting by a small light to study the Word and be in prayer.

~Thinking of my kids while driving in the car and laughing about a moment we had.

~Being with my entire family. Its the core of who I am.

~Rocking my baby to sleep and rubbing my preschoolers back till he is asleep.

~A roll out of bed morning with my husband and sons, make some pancakes or another yummy breakfast and sit as close to each other as possible under a blanket munching away and watching a movie.

~Lighting a seasonal candle and allowing my home to feel warm and smell good.

~Keeping traditions both new and old.

~Holding my husbands hand.

~Having a peaceful heart and home.

~Cooking a yummy dinner and baking a dessert for my family.

~A simple walk to see Gods creation through my children's eyes.

~A fresh perspective on life in general.

~Gaining wisdom from those I admire and love. A good, deep conversation.

~Waking my kids up late to go on an ice cream run. Just because.

~Playing in the rain, catching the rain in our mouths, a warm bath and hot chocolate with a movie to follow.

~Delivering a hot cup of coffee to our neighbor.

~Having a small home, where we are all close.

~Having friends and family who are there no matter what, no matter the time, or moment.

~Letting my kids be kids and make messes.

~Letting my kids sleep in our bed all snug, cozy and secure.

~Having dance parties with my kids and hubby every night.

~Running with my kids and laughing like crazy.

~Piling into our bed at night and singing worship and children's songs together.

~Hearing my sons precious prayers.

~The true love in my home.

~Practicing hospitality often.

~Sitting still, and taking in the sights and sounds of my children.

~My healthy family.

This is just the beginning of my contentment list. My heart could carry on.

My cup is overflowing.

My heart is full.

My eyes on Him.

To God be the glory for this beautiful life I live.

Amen.

What are you content in this very moment?

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Alicia!

    These are the real things that matter for eternity, building relationship with your sons!

    I am content this very moment in God's goodness to my family.

    Love

    Auntie Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful, heartfelt post honey. It's a blessing to be reminded of how the simple times in life are the absolute best and most memorable. You are creating some precious family time and traditions that your boys will cherish .....makes me smile to think of all of you. You are all so precious to me.

    ILY
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Blessings!!